"Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die today."
~James Dean



Monday, September 13, 2010

9/11 :: Never Forget

Has it really been nine years?  It is so hard for me to fathom how tall the twin towers were---I never had the opportunity to see them but have now been to ground zero more times than I can count.  Since we live approximately 15 minutes outside NYC; we have a view of the skyline on top of a hill outside our house.  There is a huge void in the skyline where the Twin Towers once stood.  It is so sad because everyone here remembers the day, the smell, the smoke-filled air, the panic and hysteria, the traffic to get home, the loss of a loved one and most importantly strangers joining together to help one another. 

The other night Alex and I were driving home from picking up my birthday present (future post on that soon) and we could see the beams of light shining toward the heavens representing the towers for the ninth anniversary. We both were silent and all I could think about were all the lives lost and how valuable every moment with one another is--you never know what can happen....


Images via Twin Towers Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment